Tuesday, April 05, 2005

NPR : In Giving I Connect with Others

NPR : In Giving I Connect with Others: "In Giving I Connect with Others
by Isabel Allende
Lori Barra
Novelist Isabel Allende was born in Peru and raised in Chile. When her uncle, Chilean President Salvador Allende, was assassinated in 1973, she fled with her husband and children to Venezuela. Allende has written more than a dozen novels, including The House of the Spirits and My Invented Country. Her most recent books include Zorro: A Novel and the final installment in her celebrated children's trilogy, Forest of the Pygmies.
�What is the point of having experience, knowledge or talent if I don't give it away? Of having stories if I don't tell them to others?�

All Things Considered, April 4, 2005 � I have lived with passion and in a hurry, trying to accomplish too many things. I never had time to think about my beliefs until my 28-year-old daughter Paula fell ill. She was in a coma for a year and I took care of her at home, until "

No comments: