Friday, June 09, 2006

My Luncheon with Warren

My Luncheon with Warren:
snip snip>>
"These 'power lunches' raise money for Glide. Why did you choose Glide?
My wife [the late Susan Buffett] first introduced me to the organization 15 years ago. Originally, I was suspicious, as I am about most things. But when I went to Glide and met Cecil [Williams, the founder] a few years ago it was clear to me that it was a special organization run by a special man doing some very good things for thousands, that the world was ignoring.

I forget who came up with idea of a lunch and it sounded like a good idea to me. I'm delighted that people participate. The last few of them went on eBay for large sums.

Why do you think it attracts such large sums?
Most of these people have already checked out Glide themselves before bidding for the luncheons. They've been extremely impressed and felt good about where the money has gone and even give more separately.

No comments: