Thursday, August 03, 2006

St. Helena Star .::. CommunityFeatures-Inspired by families

St. Helena Star .::. CommunityFeatures: "Inspired by families

'As long as I can remember my mother has been involved in the Red Cross in the valley,' Dixon said. 'I remember waking up at 2 in the morning when I was younger to help people who might have been in a fire or a flood or whatever. She was always available. I went at times.'

Their parents' examples of community service has been inspirational, the two men agreed. And it was time to step up their own involvement.

Last month they donated a percentage of their real estate commissions -- they are associates with Up Valley Real Estate -- to St. Helena High School science teacher Chris O'Connor's biodiesel project. Toller and Dixon, not only intrigued with the concept of creating fuel from cooking oil, are tickled by the thought that there may be a hint of French fries in the air once the project gets underway."

No comments: