Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Becoming Fearless | Sherry Lansing: A Season for Everything | The Huffington Post

Becoming Fearless | Sherry Lansing: A Season for Everything | The Huffington Post:
snip snip>>
"Somewhere in my midfifties I realized that I was seeing a line of sorts -- and that line was sixty. So, with sixty looming, I did it. It just felt right. I knew it was the right time, and so I retired from the entertainment business and committed myself to a career in philanthropy. I formed my own foundation dedicated to cancer research and education. I serve on the board of the Carter Center and the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, which disburses $3 billion in funds for stem cell research. I am a regent of the University of California and chair of its Health Services Committee. With my partner, Civic Ventures, I'm starting a movement, Primetime, for those sixty and older to retire and give something back to the community. The funny thing is that I'm busier than I've ever been."

No comments: