Monday, March 26, 2007

Charities-Philanthropy - New York Times

Charities-Philanthropy - New York Times: "The Age of Dissonance
The Badder Good

By BOB MORRIS
Published: March 25, 2007

Not long ago, in a pile of unopened mail, I came across a solicitation from a new organization that sends authors into New York City public schools. I found it bizarre, because I volunteer for a different organization that has been doing much the same for a long time. Then, a few days later, after donating money to one police-affiliated organization that solicited me by phone, I received a call from another one.

Well, you don’t have to be a cause-crazed fund-raiser to know that new charitable organizations are springing up faster than ring tones.

And of course, many are born of nothing but the best intentions."

No comments: