Thursday, June 14, 2007

onPhilanthropy: Articles: Facebook Generation: Will Social Networks Change the Nature of Philanthropy?

From Tom Watson at OnPhilanthropy

onPhilanthropy: Articles: Facebook Generation: Will Social Networks Change the Nature of Philanthropy?: "Facebook Generation
Will Social Networks Change the Nature of Philanthropy?
By Tom Watson, 6/13/2007

A few weeks ago, my daughter and I started a bank and now we make loans to businesses all over the world. Now, before you speculate on my family wealth or means - and my place among the banking titans - consider that we started this little lending institution of ours with $250. And keep in mind that our “bank” is really one of thousands, that we meet with other owners online, and that they don’t appear to be captains of finance (from what I can tell by their snapshots)."

No comments: