Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Disney Blog: Abagail Disney talks about philanthropy and giving till it hurts

The Disney Blog: Abagail Disney talks about philanthropy and giving till it hurts: "Abagail Disney talks about philanthropy and giving till it hurts Abagail Disney, who is the daughter of Roy E. Disney (Walt's Nephew), talks about philanthropy, her Disney connection, and what it means to 'give until it hurts.' “I feel very vulnerable to the accusation that I don’t give till it hurts because I live very well, and travel with my kids and have a nice house and the rest of it, so before I made that challenge, I felt I had to spend some time really thinking about that and really talking to my husband about it and so when I made the $1m challenge it definitely was one that hurt. There are a lot of things we are going to have to give up in order to get that done. I just didn’t feel right talking to those people in that room unless I was putting my money were my mouth was.”"

No comments: