Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The NonProfit Times - "Unhappy Galas Cutting back on everything, including the event

The NonProfit Times - The Leading Business Publication For Nonprofit Management: "Unhappy Galas
Cutting back on everything, including the event

By Mark Hrywna

The historic economic downturn of the past several months has altered the business decisions of individuals, corporations, and yes, nonprofits. One question that some organizations might be asking is whether it's worth it to put together a gala when corporate support is expected to dwindle and there's plenty of anxiety about individual giving."

1 comment:

Gordon said...

Hi Reed / AFP - I found your assorted blogs via fundraisers.com blog network - I have a DC Public Affairs + Communications Jobs blog that occasionally features fundraising & development jobs - and today (Mar 17) - I am focusing exclusively on those opportunities - mostly in the DC area. I just thought you or any of your peers/contacts in the non-profit world might be interested in seeing it.

http://publicaffairsjobs.blogspot.com/

thanks for your consideration and best wishes going forward. I hope you don't think I'm trying to spam your board - I couldn't find an email address to send this along to.

Gordon Barnes
barnesgordon@gmail.com