Friday, July 27, 2012

Changing of the Guard at GuideStar: A Conversation with Incoming CEO Jacob Harold - NPQ – Nonprofit Quarterly - Promoting an active and engaged democracy.

Changing of the Guard at GuideStar: A Conversation with Incoming CEO Jacob Harold - NPQ – Nonprofit Quarterly - Promoting an active and engaged democracy.: Jacob Harold: I first came across GuideStar, I think, in 1999 when I began in the nonprofit sector in Green Corps. And, at first, as you might imagine, I didn’t think of it as a piece of infrastructure for a system. It was just a resource. And, I think if I had to summarize the evolution of my own thinking about GuideStar, it would be from being basically a website that’s a resource with some great information towards, over time, evolving into a core piece of infrastructure for the nonprofit community, something that can weave together disparate efforts across organizations and provide a sense of commonality. GuideStar can help organize that information, and, I’d argue, that order can actually reveal the diversity in the nonprofit sector. Information standards and shared structure doesn’t make us all the same; it actually shows how we’re different and I think that’s really powerful.

No comments: