Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Strategies for Wading Through Charitable Donation Information | BLACKBAUD'S Prospect Research Blog for Non-Profit Fund Raising

Strategies for Wading Through Charitable Donation Information | BLACKBAUD'S Prospect Research Blog for Non-Profit Fund Raising: "cannot remember how many times I would have a major gift officer ask me the age old question: “can you please give me a list of all of John Smith’s charitable giving?”� When I was a researcher in-the-field, some charitable donation search tools existed, but doing my own web research often proved the most comprehensive.� However, my research could have taken hours and I would still have been left with a list of ‘possibilities’ and not confirmed gifts.� Often times it was too difficult for me to tell if the John Smith who made a gift to ABC Organization was the same John Smith my MGO was interested in."

No comments: