Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Small Change- Fundraising Blog » Blog Archive » Ingredients of a Successful Capital Campaign: Carnival of Nonprofit Consultants

Canrival of Nonprofit Consultutants topic is Capital Campaigns. Via A Small Change-Fundraising Blog.

A Small Change- Fundraising Blog » Blog Archive » Ingredients of a Successful Capital Campaign: Carnival of Nonprofit Consultants: "I am hosting the Carnival of Nonprofit Consultants and I thought this would be a great opportunity to get a bit of input on what makes a great capital campaign. I heard back from a couple people on this topic and have included their submissions below. But I’d love to hear more so I will keep the offer open. If anyone posts on the topic of capital campaigns and wants me to link to their post in the future send me an email and I with highlight it here."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In response to your request for "ingredients for a successful capital campaign," I would say it is like the old saying about real estate: but in steady of location the three most successfuly ingredients are: Leadership, Leadership and Leadership. Unlike the location of a particular piece of property, leadership is something that professionals can do something about. My most successful campaigns have been driven by idenifying and recuriting new leadership for organizations -- from new board members through lead gift leaders (new people to the organization who give at the top of the scale and bring their constitucenices wth them. Don't start without well versed and well trained leaders who have made their own gifts and are willing to ask others to join them.

James M. Brasher, Senior Vice President, Touch Foundation. Key capaigns run: The Carter Presidential Center, United Negro College Fund, Synergos Insitute amoung others.