Friday, April 13, 2007

The Blog | Jake Brewer: Doing Well by Doing Good: an Idea List for Idealists | The Huffington Post

The Blog | Jake Brewer: Doing Well by Doing Good: an Idea List for Idealists | The Huffington Post: "I can write this a bit arrogantly as I more or less know I'm right and Jude is wrong. I'm very lucky to see the potential of doing well by doing good translated into reality on a regular basis. Sitting in one of the desks owned by Idealist.org (when I'm home) gives me a privileged insight into what's going on in many nonprofit organizations - and in particular nonprofit HR. In being part of Idealist, one cannot help but be impacted by the passion with which Idealist.org users convey the experience of enacting their calls to meaningful work and how well they've done in the process. Whether via email, posted on our website, or relayed at the registration table of an Idealist Nonprofit Career Fair, each story is remarkable. What is perhaps even more striking than their fervor or success though, is the diversity of locations, interests, backgrounds, and life-situations represented by those who share these experiences."

No comments: