Monday, December 22, 2008

telegraphjournal.com - The Giving Season Takes on Greater Meaning in 2008 - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

telegraphjournal.com - The Giving Season Takes on Greater Meaning in 2008 - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada: "It's been three years this month since I began my volunteer writing career with Community Profile. At the time, I wondered how long it might be before I ran out of community charities about which to write. I don't see the end in sight. We know first hand, because so many charitable causes come to the attention of our community foundation, and we are able to help, thanks to our generous donors. The goal of Community Profile is to reflect on the generosity of those around us and the good works of unsung heroes who lend a hand with the literally hundreds of local charitable causes that deserve our support. Many don't have the resources to 'toot their own horn' so I try to do it for them. We have so much for which to be thankful and lots to learn from the good works of others. It can be a formidable challenge to decide which causes to support at this festive and giving time of year but I will highlight a few I have been privileged to visit in the last week or so."

No comments: