Monday, March 30, 2015

United Way: The power of networking

United Way: The power of networking: "Andrea Rosenbaum with the YMCA captured the value to be found in the training and the sharing of best practices. "For a community of our size, there are a lot of very impactful nonprofit organizations who may not have the capacity to go out of the area for training or attend certain conferences, so I think its really important that we all work together to elevate the work," Rosenbaum said. "Having trainings like these and doing peer to peer sharing is important. Sometimes you get focused in your way of doing things and you just need to shake things up. I have been on the receiving end of things so much that I am really flattered to be asked to be part of a panel to share a little bit of my experience. To the extent that I can maybe make an impact, I'm willing to do that."

As the president of our local chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, we are lucky that Rosenbaum has a humble willingness to share her wealth of knowledge and experience with others."



'via Blog this'

No comments: