Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Crowd Fundraising for the Arts: No Running, Walking, or Freezing Plunges Required | npENGAGE

Crowd Fundraising for the Arts: No Running, Walking, or Freezing Plunges Required | npENGAGE: "In 2011, in the name of raising money for the Special Olympics, I participated in the Polar Plunge. As a native Texan going to graduate school in Wisconsin, I signed up on a sunny September day not only to support the cause, but also because it seemed like something that would make for a good story one day. When February rolled around, it was with shock and horror that I realized exactly what I had signed myself up for—blocks of ice had been removed to make a hole in a lake that was completely frozen solid several feet deep. After jumping in, you swam across the short length of the hole (about 10 yards), and emerge, wet and freezing, only to get to race through temps in the teens to try to warm up in a lukewarm hot tub. As a Texas girl, I am not exaggerating when I say I thought I literally might freeze to death."



'via Blog this'

No comments: