Thursday, October 01, 2015

Time we ditched fundraising’s personality cult - UK Fundraising

Time we ditched fundraising’s personality cult - UK Fundraising: "The 113-word description of the opening plenary devoted most of those words to talking about the presenter, not about what he was actually going to say.

Which highlights something that’s niggled me about our sector for a while – quite a while – but I’ve not really been able put my finger on why until the events of recent months brought it into focus.

We have a cult of personality in fundraising. I don’t think I’m saying anything surprising or controversial here. There are a few – probably just a handful – of dominant individuals (almost all male) who tend to monopolise the conference circuit, and they are in great demand."



'via Blog this'

No comments: