Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Burnout: Time to Abandon a Very Costly Collective Delusion | LinkedIn

Some related Burnout stories

Burnout: Time to Abandon a Very Costly Collective Delusion | LinkedIn: As I've been out on the road talking about Thrive, it's been inspiring meeting people and hearing their stories about how they're trying to navigate our culture of overwork and burnout. "I don't remember the last time I was not tired," one young woman told me after my conversation with Sheryl Sandberg at the San Francisco Symphony Hall. And many others -- men and women, young and old -- echo that same sentiment. Especially among the young ones, there is one question that has been coming up again and again, which is some variation of "hey, it's OK for you to say 'you don't need to burnout' now that you're already successful, but what about those of us just starting out who want to succeed?"

No comments: