Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Nonprofits Ideal for Careers with Care�(California Job Journal)

Nonprofits Ideal for Careers with Care�(California Job Journal): "Nonprofits Ideal for Careers with Care
by Julia Hollister
Jason Riggs thinks his involvement with nonprofit organizations must be hereditary. 'My family has always been community oriented,' he notes with pride. 'My father is a minister and my mother is a teacher. I work with the STOP AIDS Project in San Francisco, so
you can see that fervor for advocacy was part of my upbringing that continued. It's an important part of my life.'
After earning a bachelor's degree in sociology with an emphasis on political theory, he was ready to make his mark in the nonprofit field. Although he has never worked in the for-profit sector, he knows there is a complementary position in that arena and crossing over is doable."

No comments: