Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Podcasting as Digital Storytelling: Behind the Scenes Look | NTEN

Podcasting as Digital Storytelling: Behind the Scenes Look | NTEN: f course, in its most rudimentary form, a podcast is simply a digital audio recording delivered to listeners who can hear it at their convenience. But a podcast can be a vehicle for storytelling, if you make the effort to infuse it with a narrative.

In the case of the “askDeborah podcast,” the narrative began even before the recording sessions. After the CTK team and I had compiled a list of frequently asked nonprofit technology questions, I started emailing and calling some of my favorite colleagues. I'd explain, “It's sort of like Car Talk, except that I'm not two Italian-American brothers. But real nonprofit professionals will submit real questions about their technology challenges. The running joke is that I never know the answer, but that I know whom to call, and in this case it's you. We'll discuss the question, and we'll have

No comments: