Friday, May 11, 2012

Revolving Doors and Musical Chairs | CNRG

Revolving Doors and Musical Chairs | CNRG: Revolving Doors and Musical Chairs

Have you ever noticed when you read the job postings in the CNRG Digest, that you will often find openings for the same development positions at the same organizations once every year or so? I have.

The other day, I received information that there was an opening at one of the two nonprofit organizations in Portland that I would most like to work for. I admire the mission of the program and the philosophy of the founder. I had met previously with the Development Director in the recent past, so I sent her a message via Linked In, and then I filled out the application, wrote a cover letter to the Director, and faxed my application materials. Moments after I submitted my materials, I got a message back from the Development Director saying that she had left the organization the previous week. She had been with that organization for just over a year.

No comments: