Thursday, October 07, 2004

GuideStar - News - Articles - Introducing

GuideStar - News - Articles - Introducing "Introducing, a new e-philanthropy portal, is taking GuideStar data to the Empire State. Dedicated to increasing the flow of philanthropic dollars to charities located in New York State, is already on-line but will be launched formally at an event in New York City on October 28. (Go to www.nycharities.orgfor details about the launch and accompanying nonprofit workshop, both co-sponsored by GuideStar)
Powered by a customized version of the GuideStar database and search engine, is a free Web site where donors can find information on the more than 60,000 charities in the state, contribute to those organizations on-line, and find volunteer opportunities.
An e-ticketing tool enables charities to use the site to sell tickets to their fund-raising events. Charities use the tools on at no charge and receive 97 percent of every donation made to them through the site. Although the remaining 3 percent helps offset the cost "

No comments: